Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Intro to AP Economics Post #1

I have limited background knowledge of economics, however, I do know that it is very important to our daily lives. The economy affects the way that businesses are run and that consumers buy products. It determines the employment and spending of companies and individuals. I know that some aspects of economics relate to individuals, such as a family's budget, income, and investments; while other aspects relate to companies and other large groups, such as employment and production. In order to be financially secure, individuals and companies must choose what they spend their money on wisely, and make beneficial investments based on the current economy. 

I took AP micro/macro economics because I find the subject very interesting. My dad works in Dealer Relations at Ford, and worked in Marketing before that, so he suggested that I take the class and introduced me to the subject beforehand. I am  considering a future career in the business field, and I think that taking AP economics will help me tremendously. Even if I choose another career, understanding the economy is important and will help me in the future.

A product that I can't live without is my Apple iPhone. I like this product because it is very reliable and fast. I use my phone everyday to call, text, and use apps or the internet.

A company that I like is Ford Motor Company. My dad works there, so it is a big part of my life. I drive a Ford car every day, and I like it because it is very dependable and safe. 

For a future career, I am undecided, but other than a career in business, I am considering a career in the medical field. I would like to be an oncologist or another type of physician because I find it interesting, and I like working with and helping others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment